We know the importance of privacy and confidentiality. Therefore, we adhere to strict guidelines regarding how we handle sensitive data (such as health related information). Especially when we process personal information about you.
In this policy you can read in detail about how we handle personal data, for which reason, and how you can control what data we store about you. Do not hesitate to contact us at info@LIPUM.se if you would like more information about how we assure the legal aspects of handling your personal data.
3. LIPUM is the data controller responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
2. What types of data do we process?
Personal data means all types of information which can, directly or indirectly, be used to identify a living physical person (“Personal Data”).
1. LIPUM collects and processes Personal Data about you when you contact us by email through the contact information on the company’s website. The information that we collect and process in such cases include: (i) contact information including name, email address and telephone number; and (ii) other Personal Data that you provide us with. (i) and (ii) above is collectively referred to as ”Contact Information”.
2. LIPUM collects information that is necessary for us to be able to contact you in your role as a representative for a company. LIPUM collects and processes information about you if you represent a company that is a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours, as well as a potential customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours. The information that we collect and process in such cases include contact information (such as name, address, title, company, email address and telephone number).
3. LIPUM also collects Personal Data in connection with recruiting staff members. When you contact us to apply for a job opportunity with us, we collect such Personal Data that you provide us with in connection with such application. Personal Data normally included in a job application is contact information (name, address, email address and telephone number), CV (including previous work experience and education), and occasionally a picture and personal registration number.
4. LIPUM collects sensitive ’s Personal Data relating to e.g. health data from our collaboration partners (such as clinics or contracted research organisations) to perform clinical studies. The information that we collect would normally include study ID, age, gender, racial origin, health information and genomic information regarding participants in our clinical studies. Please note that study participants’ Personal Data will be coded and LIPUM will as a main rule never process any directly identifiable information about patients participating in clinical trials (such as patient’s name, personal ID or contact information). If you participate in a clinical trial performed by LIPUM, you will always be provided with more detailed information about the processing of your Personal Data in that specific clinical trial. You will receive such information from your study doctor. Should you have any questions about the processing of your Personal Data in relation to a specific clinical trial, please contact your study doctor of that study directly.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
LIPUM collects Personal Data relating to you for the following reasons:
1. to market ourselves
2. to contact you as a representative for a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours
3. to process job applications and
4. to fulfil requirements by law.
5. in order for us to evaluate your participation in, and perform, a specific clinical study.
4. The legal grounds for processing personal data
LIPUM’s processing of your Personal Data is based on the legal grounds as follows:
The legitimate interest of LIPUM constitute the legal basis for processing in situations where you provide us with your contact information by handing us a business card or otherwise has expressed an interest in our company or products. The legitimate interests of LIPUM in such cases is for LIPUM to be able to market itself or it’s products.
Furthermore, the legitimate interest of LIPUM is the legal basis for when LIPUM is processing your personal data when you are a representative for a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours. The legitimate interests of LIPUM in such cases are LIPUM’s need to contact you as a representative to administer the relationship LIPUM has with the company that you represent.
Also, the legitimate interest of LIPUM is the legal basis for LIPUM’s processing of your Personal Data in connection with your job application, in which cases the legitimate interests of LIPUM are to be able to secure that its employees has sufficient education and experience.
Additionally, the legitimate interest of LIPUM is the legal basis for LIPUM’s processing of your Personal Data in connection with LIPUM distributing newsletters, invitations to meetings/events and collaboration/sales offers. The legitimate interests of LIPUM in such cases is for LIPUM to be able to market itself and its products.
LIPUM may process your Personal Data for the purpose of complying with safety standards and other statutory requirements, based on the legal ground that this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which LIPUM is subject.
The legal basis for LIPUM and other collaboration partners (such as the clinics) for processing your Personal Data could vary depending on the specific clinical study. For example, you may have given your consent for the collection and processing of your Personal Data for the purpose of performing the clinical trial. Alternatively, the processing of your Personal Data in clinical studies could be LIPUM’s legitimate interest to conduct scientific research, or the public interest of conducting scientific research. In clinical trials, Personal Data may also be processed for the purpose and on the legal basis of complying with legal requirements, such as safety reporting, archiving of clinical data, and disclosure of clinical data to national competent authorities in the course of an inspection.
In all cases, you will be informed of what the legal basis of the processing of your Personal Data is in connection with your participation in the specific clinical trial. You will also be informed about your rights in relation to your Personal Data in such clinical trial, including who you can contact if you have questions or complaints.
5. For how long do we store data?
6. How may data be shared?
• LIPUM will not sell, trade or lease your Personal Data to third parties. However, LIPUM may share Personal Data with our trusted subcontractors (including Internet service providers) and collaboration partners. They may need access to the Personal Data in their assignment for us, but they will not be allowed to use the Personal Data for any other purpose.
• Unless otherwise set forth in any specific information regarding our processing of your personal data, LIPUM will not transfer your Personal Data to any country outside the EU/EEA.
• Personal Data may be disclosed by LIPUM to comply with legal requirements or other requirements from official authorities, in order to safeguard LIPUM’s legal interests or to detect, prevent, or draw attention to frauds or other safety or technical problems.
7. Protection of your personal data
You should always feel secure when you provide your Personal Data to us. We have employed a wide range of security measures to help protect your Personal Data against undue access, modification and deletion.
We protect your Personal Data using reasonable safeguards to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include data encryption and firewalls.
8. Your rights regarding your data
Withdrawal of consent
Corrections, additions or erasure
You are always entitled to access your Personal Data for viewing, and to request that we correct or update your Personal Data. Furthermore, you have the right to demand that we erase your Personal Data (unless the Personal Data has to be saved for another purpose, for example to fulfil legal obligations).
Restriction of use and data portability
Under certain circumstances, you may request that LIPUM restricts the use of your Personal Data. You also have the right to have your Personal Data resubmitted to you, in a structured and accessible format, for transfer to another user/processor.
Requests and Complaints
Should you be dissatisfied with our processing of your Personal Data, please let us know, and we will do our best to meet your complaints. Your integrity is very important to us, and we always strive to protect and secure your Personal Data in the best possible way. Should we nevertheless, in your opinion, fail in this ambition, please note that you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Sw. Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten), or the supervisory authority in the country where you live.
10. How to contact us
You can contact us at:
907 36 Umeå
What are cookies?
Different types of cookies
Our website uses three different types of cookies. The first type stores permanent files on the visitor’s computer that help our website perform as well as possible, e.g. by remembering choices you made earlier or by downloading the latest versions of the site.
The second type is called session cookie. Such a cookie is only stored temporarily and remembers various settings or choices made during the specific visit. A session cookie disappears when the browser is closed.
The third type collects statistics about visits to the website. All statistics collected are anonymised and can not be linked to you as a person. This type is also used to customize marketing materials according to your use of the website.
You can choose whether you want to allow cookies or not. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can set this in your browser’s settings. Most browsers automatically accept all cookies by default.
Block all cookies
Most browsers allow you to block all cookies. For more information on changing the settings for cookies in other browsers, see the Help menu in the browser. If you choose not to receive cookies, the website’s functionality can not be guaranteed.