- This is the right arena for Lipum, says Einar Pontén. It gives us an opportunity to meet people and inform about our progress and long-term plan. Lipum will participate September 10-12th at Nordic Life [...]
We develop an anti-inflammatory drug with first-in-class potential
We aim to eliminate or alleviate painful symptoms for millions of patients suffering from chronic inflammatory diseases. Lipum has a biological anti-inflammatory drug candidate developed against Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) – an autoimmune disease characterized by chronic inflammation of the joints. It often causes disability and lowers the quality of life for millions.
Lipum also address the treatment of Juvenile Iodiopathic Artrithis (JIA) that is a rare disease affecting children. A novel biological drug for this disease may be considered for an orphan drug designation. Treatment of other chronic inflammatory conditions is also explored. Related diseases are such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, ankylosing spondylitis, and psoriatic arthritis.
Our biological anti-inflammatory drug candidate provides a novel mechanism of action. Therefore, it is assumed to have less adverse effects than current treatments in use.
An autoimmune disease is caused by the individuals immune response to its own body.
Autoimmune diseases are for example RA, IBD, psoriasis, diabetes mellitus type 1, Graves disease, inflammatory bowel disease, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- more common among woman
- increased occurence for elderly
- 0.2-1.3% have the diagnosis worldwide
- USD 19.7 bn market (2014, Nature Reviews)
Juvenile Iodiopathic Artrithis
- onset before 16 years of age
- 80,000 affected both in EU and the US