Press release: Umeå, 25 March 2022. Lipum AB (publ) has published the interim report for period October to December and the year-end report for 2021. Below is a summary, a complete report (only in Swedish) is available on the company's website (https://lipum.se/finansiella-rapporter/).
CEO Einar Pontén comments: "The last quarter of the year was largely characterized by the fact that we completed activities that constitute important milestones in the preparations for the start of clinical trials. The work has been successful, and we are keeping to our schedules despite challenging conditions due to the pandemic."
Financial summary January – December 2021
- Net sales: KSEK 0 (15)
- Result after financial items: KSEK -52,253 (-21,098)
- Cash and cash equivalents as of December 31: KSEK 47,053 (4,440)
Significant events during the period October to December 2021
- Flerie Invest AB acquired Almi Invest's ownership in Lipum and takes a seat on the Nomination Committee
- The SOL-116 project team was enforced under leadership of Dr. Maria Wanderoy
- Lipums annual workshop with the scientific advisory board was held as normal
Significant events after the period
- The GMP production of SOL-116 for clinical trials was finalized
- Startup agreement for the phase I clinical trial was signed with QPS Netherlands BV
Link to the full report (in Swedish): Interim report (https://lipum.se/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/LIPUM-Bokslutskommunike-2021.pdf)
For further information, please contact:
Einar Pontén, CEO
Mobile: +46 70 578 34 95
Lipum AB (publ) is a biopharmaceutical company specialized in discovery and development of a novel treatment for chronic inflammatory diseases. The lead candidate SOL-116 is a humanized antibody designed to provide efficacious therapy by blocking a previously overlooked target molecule of the immune system (BSSL). SOL-116 is in late preclinical stage supported by solid data for the rare disease juvenile idiopathic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Lipum also explores other inflammatory diseases with a high unmet medical need. The company is based in Umeå, an excellent life science cluster in Sweden. Lipum's unique approach has attracted international attention, including a major European Commission Horizon 2020 grant. The company's share (LIPUM) is traded on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market. Certified Adviser is G&W Fondkommission, email: firstname.lastname@example.org,phone: +46 8 503 000 50.