“Our goal is to develop better drugs for patients with chronic inflammatory diseases, for example juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA, childhood rheumatism). With the support of EU Horizon 2020 programs, we can increase the pace of the development. We are looking for a Pharmaceutical Development Manager who will get the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial pharmaceutical company with great international potential”
Einar Pontén | CEO
Pharmaceutical Development Manager
We are looking for an experienced and committed Pharmaceutical Development Manager with industrial practice to operate and manage projects in both pre-clinical and clinical phase. You are experienced with biological drugs, but above all you have knowledge of what documentation is required for a time and cost effective high quality drug development. Of course you have a genuine interest in science and medicine.
You are a team player and enjoy working in a small company. Formally, you will report to the company’s CEO, but you will also attend board meetings.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Identify, evaluate and establish partners (CROs) that meet regulatory requirements in, for example, analytical characterization, toxicological studies and clinical trials.
- Responsible for contacts with authorities regarding regulatory requirements, quality assurance and documentation.
- Initiate, plan and conduct studies in collaboration with research director (CSO).
- Business intelligence, for example, identify inflammatory diseases of particular interest.
- Industrial experience in drug development
- Knowledge of the development of biological drugs
- Documented scientific competence
- Very good knowledge in Swedish and English language
Form of employment
A full-time employment at Lipum’s office in Umeå. You have the possibility to travel nationally and internationally. convenient residential location is in Umeå, Sweden. Secondly, a commitment on a consultancy basis with at least 50% working hours a month. In this case we wish you to attend our office in Umeå one week a month.
Lipum is located in Umeå Biotech Incubator (UBI) at Uminova Science Park, a short walking distance from Umeå University and Norrlands University Hospital and IKSU, one of Northern Europe’s largest sports facilities. With 30,000 students, successful academic research and a number of start-up companies in life science this is really a stimulating and creative environment. The airport, which is one of Sweden’s busiest, is located on convenient distance.
Dr Einar Pontén, CEO
Phone: +46 70-578 34 95